I can’t believe October is over! It’s November tomorrow which means one thing-it’s only one month till December, so it’s only one month till Christmas! I have quite a few favourites for this month, so lets begin!
1. Stranger Things: Last week I saw adverts everywhere for ‘Stranger Things’, so I decided to just watch it. When it started I had no clue what it was about, or that it was a Sci-Fi sow. Each episode is 45-50 minutes long and oh.my.gosh. is it addicting! I went through all 9 episodes in under 2 days-only taking breaks for food, sleep and a driving lesson. The storyline is
gripping, the acting is professional and-to say I’ve never heard of the producers the Duffer Brothers-I loved everything the show had to offer! Even if you aren’t a fan of monsters, please just watch this series. Season 2 is set to be released in 2017, so thats another series for me to look forward too!
2. Black-ish: This is an American comedy which I saw advertised on EVERY Disneyworld transport bus whilst we were on holiday-last year! So when it finally came on to E4 this month, me and my family had to watch it. The reviews are really good, and I can see why. It’s lighthearted, funny and the characters are hard not to like-particularly the twins who are devious but cute! I find it similar to that of shows like ‘Everybody Love
s Raymond’ and the ‘Big Bang Theory’, both
of which are easy TV and you don’t have to think about it too much. There are a few seasons already out in America, so I have lots to catch up on, but I am more than happy to do that!
3. Barry M. quick dry polish ‘Freestyle’: My favourite Nail Polish this month is this gorgeous shade of pink by Barry M. as part of the quick-drying range. It dries super quickly making it perfect for anyone who (like me) has no patience when it comes to painting nails, or someone who is in a rush, but needs the perfect mani before anything else. When it’s on your nail, it keeps its pretty pink colour, in comparison to some polishes which tend to be a completely different colour when used than they are in the bottle. This is in my monthly favourites due to the amount of times I’ve used it this month (spoiler alert-it’s over 6 times…in only 4 weeks…it’s too gorgeous)
4. ‘The Holiday’: If you know me, you’ll know that I am the biggest fan of Christmas. It is my absolute favourite time of the year-snow, presents, fires and christmas dinner, who couldn’t love all that?! Whilst I was casually browsing through Netflix the other week, I came across this movie and as soon as I knew it was a Christmas romantic one, I had to watch it. I lay in bed and watched it, slowly falling in love with it. Once it was over, I added it to my mental list of my all time best holiday films and then a few days later I watched it again andddddd another few days later, I may or may not have watched it yet again. Cameron Diaz stars in it alongside Kate Winslet and Jack Black. It’s a story about two women (Diaz and Winslet) who decide to swap homes for Christmas-one lives in LA and the other in a small village in London, and of course, they both find love ❤ This is just such a lovely ,feel-good film and it’s perfect for you to snuggle up and watch with a thick blanket and a cup of steaming hot cocoa!
5) Yankee Candle ‘Cosy by the fire’: Candles are the perfect way to make a room the cosiest it can be! This candle smells so amazing and it lasts for ages-I had it burning for up to 4 hours and the smell was still so strong. The scent is lovely and sweet and really does smell like burning logs of wood-but it isn’t too overpowering. Burning this candle on a cold, dark night whilst tucked up in bed and watching a movie is perfection. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone who loves Autumn, candles or, well, anything! The large jar costs £27.99, which is quite expensive in comparison to other candles out there, but this is what you pay for a Yankee Candle-plus, the jar is so big, it can burn for ages, so that’s a great bonus!
I hope you liked my October monthly favourites! Comment down below and let me know what your favourites were for this month!